HellyMS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

| Version 83 | 700x | 400x | 4x |

2 posters

Wikileaks Your Opinion!

Poll

Good or Bad

[ 1 ]
    Wikileaks Your Opinion! I_vote_lcap25%Wikileaks Your Opinion! I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Wikileaks Your Opinion! I_vote_lcap25%Wikileaks Your Opinion! I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Wikileaks Your Opinion! I_vote_lcap50%Wikileaks Your Opinion! I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Nicholas
    Nicholas

Wikileaks Your Opinion! Empty Wikileaks Your Opinion!

Post by Nicholas Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:49 pm

I think wikileaks is a great site that has not violated any laws, Hence FREEDOME OF SPEECH,PRESS, etc...

Although I think that they could block the afgan war diaries site from being accessed in the middle east.
    «MLX«
    «MLX«

Wikileaks Your Opinion! Empty Re: Wikileaks Your Opinion!

Post by «MLX« Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:38 am

You can't take "freedom of speech" too literal. You can shout, "fire," in a theater, but if you end up in jail, the excuse of freedom of speech won't get you out; thus making your argument invalid.
    Nicholas
    Nicholas

Post by Nicholas Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:08 pm

I was leaning more toward freedoms of press. Also the freedom of information act ( google it) also protects them from the us gov't.

They didn't steal the information it was given To them anonymously. Like if I was to "hear" about something then tell a friend. That friend shouldn't be the one punished for publishing information that the public has rights to know.

Governments are organizations for the people. If they are hiding information from us then they are not a proper government and therefore needs to be replaced. Compare it to a principal hiding the fact he's a sex offender. You deserve to know right?

Well say the government did some things it shouldnt of... It's people should know. That is the basis of wikileaks "Complete Transparancy"
    «MLX«
    «MLX«

Post by «MLX« Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:03 am

You do know realize ridiculous you sound right now right? A government can hide information from us, and any government will hide secrets from the public. It is to protect the public and prevents an uproar. If the U.S. government reveals everything that has been done for the last fifty years, the people would lose total trust in the government. The U.S. involvement in Guatemala during the Cold War was a horrible one. The U.S. only made the situation worse there by creating more conflicts and deaths. Your ideology of how a government should be ran is impossible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 pm